Charging & User Instructions
Charging your Nick Scali After Market Battery is simple! See the instructions below for a step by step instruction guide on how to successfully charge your battery!
Step 1: Prepare your products for charging. Please ensure you have one KD Charger, one Battery Pack, One AC Power cable and one Socket.
Step 2: Conect your products. Connect the output line of the KD charger with the input socket of the battery pack, and connect the AC power cable with the AC terminal of the KD charger
Care Instructions & Trouble Shooting Guide
Batteries should be stored at an ambient temperature of 20±5°C in a clean, dry and ventilated room. Batteries should avoid contact with corrosive substances, stay away from fire and heat and the battery should be charged once every two months during storage to maintain its performance.
- Do not disassemble the battery - There is a protective mechanism and protection circuits to avoid danger inside the battery. Improper disassembly will damage the protection circuit and will cause the battery to heat, smoke, or catch fire.
- Do not connect the battery's positive and negative with metal, also do not store or transport the battery together with metal. If the battery is shorted it will cause damage to the battery, and quite possibly cause the battery to heat, smoke, or catch fire
- Heating or burning the battery will melt the separator, security features will be damaged and the electrolyte will burn. Overheating will cause the battery to generate heat, smoke, or catch fire.
- Avoid using the battery near a heat source as it may cause damage to the internal battery protection circuit function and an abnormal chemical reaction may occur resulting in the battery generating heat, smoke, or catching fire. Do not expose batteries to heat or fire, avoid storage in direct sunlight.
- Do not wet the battery, and do not immerse the battery in water. As it will cause damage occur resulting in the battery generating heat, smoke, or catching fire.
- Use the dedicated charger and charge correctly. Download the User Guide below on how to use the charger.
- Use of a non-dedicated charger to charge the battery, creates the risk of damage to the battery. A non-dedicated charger may cause damage to the internal battery protection circuit function and an abnormal chemical reaction may occur resulting in the battery generating heat, smoke, or catching fire. Under normal conditions charging the batterywith the supplied charger will not cause damage to the internal battery protection circuit function.
- It is prohibited to use any tool to damage the battery. Hammering or other mechanical methods damaging the battery, will most likely result in the battery heating, smoking or burning, or even becoming dangerous.
- Avoid any direct contact with a leaking battery. Electrolyte leakage can cause skin irritation. Do not allow the liquid to come into contact with the skin or eyes, If contact has been made, wash the affected area with copious amounts of water and seek medical advice.
- Seek medical advice immediately if a cell or battery has been swallowed.
- Do not ever dismantle, open or shred cells. Batteries should be dismantled only by trained personnel. Multicell battery cases should only be opened by trained personnel.
- Do not ever short-circuit a cell or battery. Do not store cells or batteries haphazardly in a box or drawer where they may short-circuit each other or be short-circuited by conductive materials.
- Always observe the polarity marks on the battery and charger to ensure correct use.
- Please ensure that each recliner chair which is operated by a Battery Pack:(a)is not opened and closed in rapid succession. Doing so is likely to overheat the Battery Pack and cause it to fail; and(b)has its own Battery Pack installed. Each recliner must have its own battery pack. The use of splitter cables to operate two or more recliner chairs is likely to overheat the Battery Pack and cause it to fail.
- If you experience any of the issues described below, please take the steps outlined for each issue before contacting the Nick Scali service department or making a claim under this warranty.
- You have charged the battery overnight but the Battery Pack is not operating:
- Please check whether the LED light on the Battery Pack is green, which indicates that the Battery Pack should be operating normally.
- If there is no green light or the LED light is not working, please check the connection between the transformer and the battery. Press firmly onto the terminal to ensure an adequate connection.
- The Battery Pack has discharged very quickly.
- Please do not use or charge the battery for 2 hours and then charge the Battery Pack for 6-8 hours.
- The battery is beeping:
- Please connect the charger and charge the Battery Pack for 6-8 hours. A protection circuit in the Battery Pack will sound an alarm for 30 seconds to indicate that the battery needs to be charged.
Download Nick Scali's After Market Battery Care Guide and User Instruction
For more Information regarding Nick Scali After Market Battery Care Guide and User instructions click the link below.