Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Further details of your consumer rights may be found at www.consumerlaw.gov.au.
Warranty against defects
1. The benefits given to you by this warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies which you may have under law, including under the Australian Consumer Law. Should your Battery Pack be defective, you may choose to make a claim under the Australian Consumer Law or this Nick Scali Warranty Against Defects.
2. Unless otherwise specified in writing by Nick Scali (e.g. in a Sales Order) and subject to the other terms of this warranty, Nick Scali warrants that any Lithium Ion Battery Pack supplied by Nick Scali to you (the Battery Pack) will be free from manufacturing defects for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase (the Warranty Period).
3. To be entitled to claim under this warranty, the defect in the Battery Pack must appear within the Warranty Period.
Exclusions (subject to the Australian Consumer Law)4. To the maximum extent permitted by law, and subject to the Australian Consumer Law, Nick Scali Limited is not liable under this warranty for or in respect of:
4.1 any defect that is unrelated to the condition of the Battery Pack at the time it was supplied to you, including damage or faults caused by:
(a) improper transportation, storage or installation of the Battery Pack after the date of purchase;
(b) modification, alteration, disassembly or attempted repair of the Battery Pack by a person other than, or authorised by, Nick Scali;
(c) external influences during the life of the Battery Pack, such as fire, water damage or power surges in a premises;
4.2 the failure of the Battery Pack to operate on a single charge for any length of time before it requires recharging. Because of many variables, such as the nature and use of the recliner in which the Battery Pack is installed, Nick Scali is unable to guarantee that the Battery Pack will operate for any particular period before it requires recharging;
4.3 minor issues in the Battery Pack which do not substantially interfere with the ordinary use of the Battery Pack for powering recliner movements. For example, if the Battery Pack is fitted with a LED indicator (which emits particular lights when it is operating or charging), the failure of the indicator to emit any lights does not amount to a manufacturing defect for the purposes of this warranty;
4.4 any damage or faults caused by the failure to use the Battery Pack in accordance with the care instructions at item 13 below, or the failure to take reasonable steps to prevent the problem, or abnormal use of the Battery Pack; and
4.5 any loss or damage suffered by you or any other person in connection with the goods which is not expressly covered by this warranty including, but not limited to, indirect and consequential loss (subject to any other rights you may have at law).
5. This warranty is not transferable. It is limited to the original purchaser specified in the original Sales Order.
6. This warranty only applies to the Battery Pack if it is used for normal domestic purposes and excludes Battery Packs used for commercial purposes.
How to make a claim under this warranty7. To claim under this warranty, you must:
7.1 cease using the Battery Pack immediately after the defect appears;
7.2 notify Nick Scali within 7 calendar days after the defect appears; and
7.3 provide Nick Scali with a copy of the original Sales Order or tax invoice.
8. To make a claim, you can lodge a service ticket on this website, email the service department at email@example.com, or telephone the service department of Nick Scali Limited (Triniti 2, 39 Delhi Road, North Ryde NSW 2113) on 1300 880 370 and follow the prompts.
9. Once a claim has been lodged with our service department, Nick Scali will assess your claim and respond within 10 business days.
10. The Purchaser must bear the expense of making the claim, and the cost of all freight, house calls, labour and other items. These will be charged to the Purchaser at standard Nick Scali rates.
11. If the Battery Pack is determined by Nick Scali to have a manufacturing defect, Nick Scali will, at the election of Nick Scali, choose whether to replace the Battery Pack with a new Battery Pack or provide you with a refund equal to the purchase price of the Battery Pack.
12. Any available remedy under this warranty relates to the Battery Pack only, and not any other Battery Pack or item (including a recliner in which the Battery Pack was installed).
Care instructions13. Please ensure that each recliner chair which is operated by a Battery Pack:
13.1 is not opened and closed in rapid succession. Doing so is likely to overheat the Battery Pack and cause it to fail; and
13.2 has its own Battery Pack installed. Each recliner must have its own battery pack. The use of splitter cables to operate two or more recliner chairs is likely to overheat the Battery Pack and cause it to fail.
Trouble shooting14. If you experience any of the issues described below, please take the steps outlined for each issue before contacting the Nick Scali service department or making a claim under this warranty.
14.1 You have charged the battery overnight but the Battery Pack is not operating:
(a) Please check whether the LED light on the Battery Pack is green, which indicates that the Battery Pack should be operating normally.
(b) If there is no green light or the LED light is not working, please check the connection between the transformer and the battery. Press firmly onto the terminal to ensure an adequate connection.
14.2 The Battery Pack has discharged very quickly:
(a) Please do not use or charge the battery for 2 hours and then charge the Battery Pack for 6-8 hours.
14.3 The battery is beeping:
(a) Please connect the charger and charge the Battery Pack for 6-8 hours. A protection circuit in the Battery Pack will sound an alarm for 30 seconds to indicate that the battery needs to be charged.